Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mmmmm... forbidden donut....

"You Americans and your due process. This is always so much easier in Mexico."

As long as I'm doing the whole photoblogging thing, I might as well post the reason that it's good to be friends with the clerks at your local French-style patisserie.


















That, ladies and gentlemen, is an almond croissant that's almost as big as my head. Okay, well, I exaggerate. I have a large noggin. But it is of significant size. It's resting on the small bag (similar in size to the Starbucks pastry bags, if you're familiar with those) they give you to take away your pastry and you'll note that its dimensions are such that it almost would not fit in the bag.

A couple weeks back I went in to get my morning pastry before work and one of the young women who works there said "Would you like an almond croissant? We have a giant one I've been saving for you." And lo, it was indeed of large proportions. And I ate it and it was good. So, so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment