Saturday, February 11, 2012

Games!

My daughter decided she wanted to play Chutes and Ladders with me today. Which is fine, one doesn't have to feel too competitive about a game that is entirely based on luck. I mean, I always kind of feel that we might as well just flip a coin and be done with it, but it's not too onerous to take the time so she'll be happy.

This game of Chutes and Ladders, however, is branded by Disney and so all the pieces are princesses. Usually I choose Snow White since the choices are between her, Belle, Sleeping Beauty (Aurora) and Cinderella. So then we... what's that? Why Snow White? Really? Clearly, she is the most attractive. Anyway... today I thought I'd take it in a little bit of a different direction.

Who is that dashing man? Jump for a closer look.

Yup, that's Homestar Runner. I decided to break out my figurines since they're about the right size and it amused me to see Homestar on the board with Sleeping Beauty. Of course, after this game my daughter decided that we had to play again with her using The Cheat and me using Strong Bad. Good times, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment