Friday, April 6, 2012

When I am a Starship Captain: Part 1 of what may be a continuing series...

  1. I will not be part of an advance landing party along with all the other chief officers.
  2. When I do beam down to a strange planet, I'll take precautions against getting infected with strange diseases via the atmosphere.
  3. If I run across strange objects, my first reaction will not be to walk up and touch them.
  4. When something odd happens on a planet, I won't refuse to explain to the rest of my crew what's going on or neglect to tell the ship.
  5. When all of the other officers of my ship take a position in opposition to my own, I'll at least consider the possibility that they may be right.
  6. My response to people referring to regulations will not be to shout a denigration of those regulations.
  7. I will not order my engineer to break the laws of physics.
  8. I will allow other people to do dangerous things instead of insisting that I must do them all myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment