Thursday, July 14, 2011

Book Reviews

I've decided that I'm going to post at least a few short lines reviewing the books I read. This time around there isn't anything terribly fascinating, but I should have something more interesting soon.

I read The Outfit, which is the second graphic novel based on the Parker novels of Richard Stark. It was the first that tipped me off to the fact that there were any novels at all and not just a movie. The second is much like the first though it spans the happenings of a couple novels. It does a good job of capturing the feel of the novels, it skips right along at a nice pace and it doesn't make the error of adding material. In this book Parker is getting his revenge on the organized crime syndicate "The Outfit" when they won't leave him alone. The first book involves him getting his money back from them after he's double-crossed by a fellow crook.

If you like graphic novels, heist stories or both it's worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment