Saturday, November 19, 2011

ST: Worst. Episode. Ever.

You think I'm joking? You remember that ST:TNG episode where Data is playing Sherlock Holmes in the holodeck with LaForge as his Watson? Where they ask the computer for an opponent who is smarter than Data? And the computer actually creates ex nihilo an entity that is smarter than Data? Why don't they just ask the computer to solve all their problems? Apparently it could do that.

Anyway, this episode is worse. The hard truth is after the jump.

The episode is Shore Leave and I'm going to keep this short and sweet. An entire planet functions just like the holodeck, except it doesn't create holograms, it creates the real thing. Not only that, but you don't have to ask for anything, it will read your thoughts and provide you what you're thinking about. Consider that for a minute. Terrible. I'll be shocked if any of the other episodes ends up being worse.

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite episodes ever! But then again, I judge ST episodes by the frequency of my favorite colors appearing on screen.

    ReplyDelete